As I wait on this little one, I thought I'd share what photos we have of him already. There have been some complications with this pregnancy, which have led me to have more than my fair share of ultrasounds. I've been having one a week since week 33 or so, and I had already had 4 or 5 by that point. My Dr. has a very high tech ultrasound machine (in the past my Dr's have had old models, that only do the most basic 2D type pictures) so it's been fun to see this little guy as he has grown. They almost always make me a CD of pictures to take with me, so I have lots of great digital photos of him.
Here's one from the first ultrasound, taken around 9 weeks gestation:
At this point he didn't look like too much more than a blob. And we didn't know the gender yet.
A few weeks later we did another ultrsound - a 1st trimester screening that my Dr. likes to do. The ultrasound tech was pretty postitive he was a boy, even though it was taken at 13 weeks, which is a little early to tell the gender:
![]() | |
| Looking a lot more like a baby at this point. |
![]() | ||
| And here's a 3D image of the little guy. |
![]() |
| And a cute profile shot. |
About 3 weeks later I got to have another one. Here's a 3D shot:
And another profile:
From here on out, it got pretty hard to get a good picture. This little guy loves to have his hands (or legs) in front of his face, so we've never seen his whole face really clearly. Also, he likes to move around a lot during ultrasounds, which makes the 3D images really blurry, or strange looking. I love this shot, where you can see half his face, along with a foot. Really, how did you do that, kid?:
another one with his mouth open:
![]() |
| Here he's smooshing his nose with his hand. I think he's pretty cute already. |
And here's the latest. This was a print out from the ultrasound, which I scanned in, so it's not quite as clear:
While it's been fun to see these images, I really can't wait to see him in full color. I'll be induced on the 12th if nature doesn't do something for me before then, so it's kind of nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel.











Hey Mollie! What a neat way to document your baby's gestation. It's already easy to tell he's a cutie!
ReplyDeleteSo fun that you are almost there! I love that when things are complicated in a pg, at least you get so see your baby more often--kind of makes up for all the extra worry, at least a little.
ReplyDeleteGood luck and hoping you get to meet him sooner rather than later!
Man, I want to get cool 3d ultrasound pictures like that.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little guy! I think he looks like your other babies. :) Can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete