In the weeks leading up to Levi's birth, I worked hard to finish up some final projects for the nursery. I made some new wall hangings with some more embroidery hoops,
I finished the crib quilt (which I had machine quilted by a friend that has a long arm - LOVE the quilting!),
I made a cover for my boppy,
recovered my bouncy seat,
and installed my spy camera as a video baby monitor...
Somethings had to wait until Sarah came to visit. She surprised me with some amazing wall art that coordinates nicely with the nursery,
and I had her pick up the light fixture I had my eye on from Ikea.
I installed the light myself, and I love how it looks.
But what really makes this nursery complete is this little guy:
who has been sleeping in his crib in the nursery since the day Sarah and my mom left, last Wednesday.
I've been taking advantage of the daybed in his room to sleep in between night-time feedings, and I think Sam has been enjoying his uninterrupted sleep. Another nice discovery is that the changing table is the PERFECT height. I was slightly worried that I had made it too tall, but I love that I don't have to bend over AT ALL to change his diaper and dress him.
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Wow, Mollie! That is seriously an amazing nursery! You are incredibly talented!
ReplyDeleteI love it! And especially the picture of him in his crib! Sooooo adorable! Great work Mollie!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful! Especially the baby :) I am so impressed with your re-covering skills. I wish I knew how to do that
ReplyDeletewoah. don't know how you do it! looks great -- and the nursery is nice too. :)
ReplyDeleteUnbelievably cute! You are amazing. He is so sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteAny tips on recovering a bouncer? I'd like to do ours in something cuter, but I'd sure appreciate any tips!
ReplyDeleteI pretty much just took the cover we had on there apart, and used it as a pattern. It's far from perfect or professional looking, but it sure is a lot cuter than the black/red/white scary clowns that it was before!
ReplyDelete