Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fruitful Summer

Or should I say "veggie-ful" summer? This is what was waiting for us in our garden when we got back from our trip to Texas. Thanks, Isa, for watering while we were gone. We had at least a dozen roma tomatoes, and a couple HUGE heirloom tomatoes. We traded some tomatoes for zucchinis (gotta love co-op gardening) and had some really nice cucumbers also. The bean plants look healthy, and we have a couple new tomato plants that are growing bigger by the day and our zucchini plants are coming a long too. Tonight we'll be having some bruschetta thanks to the bountiful amounts of basil. Did I mention that we have 6 ripe pumpkins on our porch as we speak, not to mention the 2 that are still on the vine? Yes, and all from a volunteer. Not sure what I'll do with those... The strawberries are just about finished, but I guess there are plenty of other veggies to keep us busy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment